Sunday, September 14, 2014
Friday, September 12, 2014
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Monday, September 1, 2014
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Monday, August 25, 2014
Friday, August 22, 2014
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Monday, July 7, 2014
Saturday, July 5, 2014
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
Sunday, June 8, 2014
Friday, June 6, 2014
Wednesday, June 4, 2014
Sunday, June 1, 2014
S&P 500 Total Return: Dividends vs. Capital Appreciation
Monday, May 12, 2014
Friday, May 9, 2014
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
Stocks, a Better Asset Class During Rising Interest Rate Environment?
Monday, May 5, 2014
Sunday, May 4, 2014
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Monday, April 14, 2014
Buffett discusses his purchase of two pieces of real estate (a farm in Nebraska and a retail property in New York City) and compares them to stock market investing:
- "You don’t need to be an expert in order to achieve satisfactory investment returns"
- "Focus on the future productivity of the asset you are considering"
- "If you instead focus on the prospective price change of a contemplated purchase, you are speculating"
- "With my two small (real estate) investments, I thought only of what the properties would produce and cared not at all about their daily valuations. Games are won by players who focus on the playing field – not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard. If you can enjoy Saturdays and Sundays without looking at stock prices, give it a try on weekdays."
- "Forming macro opinions or listening to the macro or market predictions of others is a waste of time. Indeed, it is dangerous because it may blur your vision of the facts that are truly important."
- "Owners of stocks, however, too often let the capricious and often irrational behavior of their fellow owners cause them to behave irrationally as well. Because there is so much chatter about markets, the economy, interest rates, price behavior of stocks, etc., some investors believe it is important to listen to pundits – and, worse yet, important to consider acting upon their comments." All he means is act wisely with a long term view.
Some Thoughts About Investing from 2014 Berkshire Hathaway shareholders letter
Labels: Warren Buffett
Friday, April 11, 2014
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Friday, April 4, 2014
Thursday, April 3, 2014
Company: Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ: CLMT) is a leading independent producer of specialty hydrocarbon and fuel products.
Reasons to Buy: Co. will benefit from rapid growth in drilling and increased exploration activity (Shale gas, Oil exploration etc.).
Stats: Near 52W low / Close to 11% yield / near term target of $ 35
Company Presentation: Calumet Specialty Products Partners Presentation
Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. (CLMT) - Contrarian Stock Pick
Labels: Investment Ideas